Get Call Back
Our Expert Will Call You Back
Our Expert Will Call You Back
International Standards Set out the benchmark for all the businesses who are dealing in different products or services that how any process should work. They help businesses by providing specifications for products, services, and systems, to ensure that how quality, safety, reliability, and efficiency are instrumental in facilitating Trade. It is a kind of authentication or seal of approval by a third party which is an international body and clearly states that the company runs one of the internationally recognized ISO Management Systems.
Benefits of ISO Certification
- Customer Satisfaction:-. ISO Certification helps in gaining customer satisfaction. It ensures customers that whatever product or services they are going to buy are of good quality and that proper quality check has been done on this. This will help in building confidence and trust in customer for that particular product or service which ultimately increase the brand value of the business.
- Set of Standards:- The International Organization for Standardization’s ISO series describes a set of standards for a Quality Management System based on the process model.
For entering global markets or to grab an international market, one needs to have ISO Certification for its business.
- Fulfill Tender Eligibility:- ISO certification is an essential requirement before carrying on business with a new vendor & eligibility to enter global markets. It makes an organization eligible for filing government tenders and also for some industries, it is a legal or contractual requirement.
- Increase Business:- ISO certification helps business entity winning private & public contracts. The main feature is Quality Management which helps businesses to improve their credibility and image in the market. The certification gets higher business opportunities which eventually results in continual business improvement day by day. Capture market attention easily by following the proper quality system.
- Ensure Quality:- A certified quality management system demonstrates entity commitment to quality products and/or services and customer satisfaction.
How does ISO Certification help in the Business expansion?
It’s become very difficult to grab a global buyer outside the country’s local boundaries for the indigenous product. In today’s competitive global market, buyers are looking for a top-notch quality product with 0% defect. Here ISO certification plays a vital role to expand your business’s global presence. ISO Certification logo ensures buyers an international quality product before making an order. This way, ISO certification can help you to enter the global markets easily.
How is ISO 9001 Useful to Small Businesses?
The most recent version of ISO 9001, i.e. ISO 9001:2015 is much more lucrative for small and medium enterprises. There are innumerable benefits for small businesses such as
The ISO 9001:2015 standard throws light on the results and is less rigid in terms of paperwork.
This ISO certification standard is highly flexible and can be easily adaptable by small enterprises, especially those dealing with providing services. ISO certification 9001:2015 provides all relevant guidelines for organizational growth rather than merely focusing on how to run your business. Many small businesses are now adopting ISO certification 9001 due to its simplicity. Besides, it is more helpful in achieving desired results that can be noticed by target customers.
What types of iso standards exist?
As mentioned, there are roughly 22,000 ISO standards to date, covering various industries. But out of these, the three main types of ISO are:
- ISO 9001:2015, a standard for general organizational quality management systems (QMS), including vendor management. ISO comprises QMS standards for specific industries, too.
- ISO 27001:2013, a standard for Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- ISO 14001:2015, a standard for Environmental Management Systems
- Different Kinds of ISO Standards
You can segregate each ISO standard based on the following categories:
- ISO 9000 – Quality Management, is internationally viewed as the best practice for quality management. It outlines the criteria for a quality management system to help businesses improve quality and customer relations. The standard is a set of tools and practices that businesses can use to identify areas of improvement.
- ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management. ISO 2200 addresses what an organization should do to assure food is safe for public consumption. This type of ISO standard contains guidelines that apply to all businesses with food safety concerns, regardless of their size.
- ISO/IEC 27000 – Information Security Management Systems. ISO/IEC 27000 lays out standards that businesses can use to safeguard their information assets. Companies that manage personal data, finances, intellectual property, or sensitive customer data can use these standards to make sure their information is protected at all times.
ISO 31000 – Risk Management, Every business decision involves some risk. ISO 31000 provides companies with a framework for managing these risks by applying best practices for identifying risks and handling consequences.
The time involved in the ISO Certification Process
The time taken in completing the whole process of ISO certification also varies from organization to organization. A fair idea can be given by the ISO certification agency after assessing the size of the company. Generally, the time required to complete the process of ISO certification is approximately:
- Small organizations: 6-8 months
- Medium organizations: 8-12 months
- Large organization: 12-15 months
Process for iso certification in India & how we can assist?
Create an application /contract
The applicant and the registrar should agree on a contract. This contract usually defines the rights and obligations of both parties and includes liability issues, confidentiality, and access rights.
- We can identify and analyze legal risks that may affect the organization’s ISO certification process and develop strategies to mitigate those risks.
Quality Documents Review
The ISO auditor will view all your quality manuals and documents related to various policies and procedures being followed in the organization. A review of existing work will help the ISO auditor to identify the possible gaps against the requirements stipulated in the ISO standards.
- We can assist in drafting and reviewing the organization’s ISO documentation, including policies, procedures, and work instructions, to ensure they meet legal requirements.
Make an Action Plan
After the ISO auditor communicates the existing gaps in your organization, you should prepare an action plan to eliminate these gaps. Prepare the list of the required tasks to be performed to bring the desired changes in your organization. You may be required to give training to your employees to work efficiently while adapting to new procedures. Make all the employees aware of the ISO standards in terms of work efficiency and quality standards.
- We can provide training to the organization’s personnel on legal compliance and ISO requirements.
Initial Certification Audit
The initial certification audit is divided into two categories- Stage 1 and Stage 2.
Stage 1: The ISO auditor will audit the changes made by you in the organization. They will then try to identify the possible non-conformities in your systems and procedures to the desired quality management system. They will divide these non-conformities into minor and major non-conformities. The applicant must carefully assess all these non-conformities and get them aligned as per the desired quality standards through modification in the techniques and processes used by the organization.
Stage 2: After all the required changes are done in the organization, the ISO auditor does the final auditing. The auditor will check whether all the non-conformities have been eliminated or not as per ISO quality standards. If the ISO auditor is satisfied, they will prepare the final ISO audit report and forward it to the registrar.
- We can guide legal compliance during internal audits, which is a critical aspect of the ISO certification process.
Our experts can assist in ensuring that the organization complies with all the legal regulations applicable to its industry, which is a critical requirement for ISO certification.
Documents required for iso registration
- Copy of PAN Card
- Copy of Aadhar Card or Voter Id
- Passport Size Photograph of the applicant
- Electricity Bill Copy of Sale deed in case of owned property
- Rent Agreement in case the property is rented For an organization,
- Certificate of Incorporation and MOA &AOA is also required.
Validity of ISO Registration
The certificate can be taken for one year or for a maximum period of Three years (certain requirements are there).