RESPOND TO TM OBJECTION
- Report on a legal document
- Trademark examination report
- Identification documentation
- Process for address verification in trademark opposition
- A trademark objection process may be initiated if the application is in incorrect format or contains incorrect information.
- To overcome objections, applicant may need to submit alteration request (Form TM-16) or rectification request for incorrect information (e.g., address, name, power of attorney)
- Clarification or rectification may also be needed if goods or services described in the application are too broad or vague.
- Objections may also be raised if a similar trademark already exists for comparable or identical goods or services, and applicant may need to prove that the trademarks are different.